Sunday, May 4, 2008

The new thing...Cougarism

So apparently the new trend is Hollywood, other than baby bumps, in Cougarism. This term is meant to describe an older woman that tends to "prey" on younger, more vivacious men. I don't really like the verb "prey" to describe it because I personally see no reason why someone can't love someone younger than them. Granted, it tends to be more socially acceptable to have the older man-younger woman union, the reverse is rapidly on the rise. Take for example - Demi Moore, Kim Cattrall, Star Jones (supposedly), Tamika Somethin (Usher's wife) and Jennifer Aniston.

3 comments:

Don said...

Oh, so that is what that means. I've heard the term and gained somewhat of an understanding. But I also thought it was a bit too daring, especially for love. Or what they say is love.

Living Outside the Box said...

Let’s not forget about the newest Cougar, Mariah Carey.

Wow, I learn something new every time I read your blog. I never knew there was a term for older woman-younger man. Now that you have brought to my attention, it does seem to be a growing trend. I wonder what is causing this. Could it be more older single women are looking for vivacious men or it is only the media publicizing older women marriages to the point we feel like it’s something new?

cynicaloptimist said...

Brandon - I agree that the media publicizes it more. Nowadays we can follow a celebrities every step, unlike twenty years ago. And is it really that big of a deal? If you connect with someone then you just connect. I can say I'm not too opposed to dating a younger man...as long as he has his driver's license! lol