Monday, April 7, 2008

Condi as VP?


I think the upcoming presidential election is so interesting. One of my co-workers just informed me that this morning on NPR, they discussed that Condi Rice is being considered as a potential running mate for John McCain. So I looked it up and sure enough, it’s true. Now I don’t completely identify as a Democrat or a Republican… but I do lean more so toward the LEFTIST side. And for some reason, a sense of “delight” swelled up inside of me. That a black woman, like me, is being considered as a desirable VP nominee made me look at the GOP a different way. I don’t deny that I do disagree with a lot of the policies that she is a stanch supporter of, but overall I believe she is a remarkable woman. Is it wrong to feel a sense of pride that she’s being considered? Does that make me a traitor? I wonder how Democrats will feel about it?

3 comments:

birdie butter said...

things could get pretty interesting if she joins mccain! thanks for checking out my blog.

Sheeka Strickland said...

I've heard this too, but I can't help but wonder if the Republicans would consider Condi to add diversity to the ticket. I mean, on the other side you've got a woman and a black man running for the top spot.
Not to say that Condi's not qualified, because she is, but there's a lot of excitement on the Dems side because of the potential to make history.
I've also heard that Condi told reporters she would not accept a VP nod. She knows the game. That being said, politicians often say one thing early in a race, only to change their minds later on...

cynicaloptimist said...

Yea, politicians definitely say one thing and do another...