Sunday, April 6, 2008

Noel Gourdin


So I'm loving this new artist named Noel Gourdin. One of my bfs put me on to him a long ago, but I'm just getting around to looking for his CD. I ran to Target and Best Buy to pick it up and both tell me I have to order it. I really want to support him so I guess I'll do it.


He reminds a little of John Legend and Anthony Hamilton. But there's something in his voice that's thick and sweet, like molasses over biscuits on Sunday morning. So soulful. I really hope he gets the credit he deserves.
You can visit his website here : http://www.noelmusic.net/


Update: I just checked two websites and the cds are $34.99! Can you believe that? I never heard of a cd being that much. I guess I'll have to wait for the prices to come down.

5 comments:

Lady Lawrence said...

I too enjoy Noel Gourdin. His sound is smooth yet rough and edgy at the same time. It evokes emotion, life, love, and tradition. Definitely a Legend/Hamilton mix. $35 for a CD is a little outrageous, but if you’ve ever wondered what it feels like to sit underneath the stars with a cool breeze blowing through your hair while getting sweet kisses on your neck….well listen to his music.

cynicaloptimist said...

Yes, I'm inclined to just to play the 4 songs on his website back to back. I love Noel!

Laney said...

Wait - you eat molasses?

cynicaloptimist said...

Laney-yes you do. Warm biscuits and molasses...a true southern traditon

B said...

Woooow, he is amazing. Thanks for putting me on to him. I love supporting new underground folx. And I feel you on the Southern vibe. Molasses is the business with some biscuits. Folx from up North don't know nothin' about that! LOL!