Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Running for a Cause

As discussed before, I am a avid consumer of sugar laced coffee and white wine. Combine this with sitting in a cube all day and the resulting figure is not cute. So over the last 2 months I've gotten off my ex-track running bum and back in the gym. I mean, we can't slack on our health right? And I'm loving the natural high and stress reduction I get from it.

Today I signed up to run a 5K on April 26th. One of my co-workers is a road warrior, so she served as a inspiration for that decision. I feel like it gives me something to work toward. And the money goes toward a non-profit organization that provides food to families in my hometown. I'm pretty excited about it!

3 comments:

Laney said...

willy! you are so cute. looking forward to running today!!

Sheeka Strickland said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! I personally hate running, but I think it IS the best way to get back in shape. And more props to you for helping out a charity! You're my hero! Can I take your cross-the-finish-line picture?

cynicaloptimist said...

You know, I used to hate running too but now I get a rush from it. You should try it!